Access to the Site and Changes
1. Access to and use of the website at www.beforeyouspend.com and any website that resolves to that website (the "Site") is provided by us subject to these Site Terms. We are Before You Spend Limited, a limited liability company incorporated in England under company number 08498619 with our registered office at Brentmead House, Britannia Road, London N12 9RU England (and we refer to ourselves as "we", "us" or "our" in this document).
2. Your use of any part of the Site constitutes your acceptance of these Site Terms which takes effect on the date on which you first use the Site. If you do not agree with these Site Terms, you should cease using the Site immediately.
3. We reserve the right to change these Site Terms at any time without notice to you by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the amended Site Terms.
4. We may also include additional rules, requirements or terms for using parts of the Site. You are responsible for reviewing all information on the Site in relation to your particular use of the Site and complying with any applicable rules or requirements.
5. You are responsible for bringing these Site Terms to the attention of all persons accessing the Site through your Internet connection.
6. You must not interfere with another person's use of the Site or otherwise act in a way that negatively affects another person's use of the Site.
7. You are responsible for checking the contents of the Site and (if applicable) restricting its access to minors under your control.
8. You shall not use the Site in any way which in any respect:
8.1 is in breach of any law, statute, regulation or byelaw of any applicable jurisdiction;
8.2 is fraudulent, criminal or unlawful;
8.3 is inaccurate or out-of-date;
8.4 may be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political;
8.5 impersonates any other person or body or misrepresents a relationship with any person or body;
8.6 may infringe or breach the copyright or any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade mark rights and broadcasting rights) or privacy or other rights of us or any third party;
8.7 may be contrary to our interests;
8.8 is contrary to any specific rule or requirement that we stipulate on the Site in relation to a particular part of the Site or the Site generally; or
8.9 involves your use, delivery or transmission of any viruses, unsolicited e-mails, trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
9. You hereby grant to us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use any material which you submit to us or the Site for the purpose of use on the Site or for generally marketing (by any means and in any media) our services generally. You agree that you waive your moral rights to be identified as the author and that we may modify your submission.
10. The views and comments on content accessible from the Site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of us or any of our officers or employees. We will not be responsible or liable for any material, information or data supplied by anyone and accessible from the Site.
11. You agree to comply at all times with any instructions for use of the Site which we make from time to time.
12. You shall fully and promptly indemnify us against all damages, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, charges, costs and expenses which we may suffer or incur as a result (direct or indirect) of any breach by you of any obligation on you under these Site Terms.
Availability of The Site, Security and Accuracy
13. Whilst we endeavour to make the Site available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We make no warranty that your access to the Site will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. Due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. In addition, we may occasionally need to carry out repairs, maintenance or introduce new facilities and functions.
14. Access to the Site may be suspended or withdrawn to or from you personally or all users temporarily or permanently at any time and without notice. We may also impose restrictions on the length and manner of usage of any part of the Site for any reason. If we impose restrictions on you personally, you must not attempt to use the Site under any other name or user.
15. We do not warrant that the Site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use. Although we may put in place security measures for your protection, we shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of the Site or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, the Site. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties in breaching any security measures.
16. We may change or update the Site and anything described in it without notice to you.
17. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information and materials on the Site (including without limitation details about our services) are correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate or up-to-date and we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you secure services through or as a result of using the Site, you are responsible for ensuring that you have provided the service provider with all necessary and accurate information.
18. The content of the Site is intended for convenience only. Nothing on the Site shall constitute advice specific to your circumstances or a recommendation. We do not suggest that any service mentioned on the Site is either available to you outside of the United Kingdom or the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands or complies with any laws other than the laws of England and Wales.
19. We always recommend that you seek the advice of a trained professional before undertaking repairs to your home or appliances. We have a dedicated phone line which you can call if our guidance is that you have an issue which requires expert advice.
20. The information on the website is be used as guidance only and may contain opinions. Any decision or implementation of the information on the website made by you as a result of any recommendation or course of action proposed by this website are solely your responsibility and we shall have no liability for the results of such decision or implementation. If in doubt, please consult with a trained professional before undertaking any repairs to your home or garden, especially those which relate to electrical, gas and/or plumbing issues. Whatever you do, always be careful and safe.
Supply of services through the Site
21. Our supplies of our services referred to on the Site shall be governed by terms and conditions applicable to the supply of those services.
22. Any supplies of services by any third parties referred to on the Site (for example, electricians/plumbers/etc.) shall be governed by those third parties' own terms and conditions applicable to the supply of those services. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any third parties and it is your responsibility to deal directly with the third party from whom you buy services in the event of you having any claims or issues.
Our liability to you
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for our fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability that we cannot exclude or limit at law.
24. To the extent possible by law and subject to paragraph 23 above:
24.1 our maximum liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or under any legal head of liability) in relation to your use or inability in use or delay in use of the Site or any material in it or accessible from it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such material shall be £10; and
24.2 we shall not have any liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or under any legal head of liability) in relation to your use or inability to use or delay in use of the Site or any material in it or accessible from it or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such material for any: (a) indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs or expenses; (b) loss of actual or anticipated profits; (c) loss of contracts; (d) loss of use of money; (e) loss of anticipated savings; (f) loss of revenue; (g) loss of goodwill; (h) loss of reputation; (i) ex gratia payments; (j) loss of business; (k) loss of operation time; (l) loss of opportunity; or (m) loss of, damage to or corruption of, data; whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such losses. For the avoidance of doubt, (b) to (m) apply whether such losses are direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise.
25. The names and logos and all other brands, names, logos, marks and slogans on the Site are the trade marks or service marks of us or our licensors.
Third Party Websites and Pages and Content
26. The Site may contain links or access to other websites. We have no control over and accept no responsibility for the content of such linked or accessible sites or services. The links and access are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within such sites or services.
27. In addition, the Site as well as websites and services provided by third parties through the Site may contain advertising content provided by third parties. We have no control over and accept no responsibility for that content. Those adverts are the responsibility of the advertisers. We make no warranty, express or implied, for the information or content within those adverts.
28. You must not without our permission frame any of the Site onto your own or another person's website.
29. We hereby grant to you a revocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to provide a link from your website to the home page of the Site, provided that you do so in a fair and legal way without damaging our reputation or taking advantage of it. In particular:
29.1 you shall not make any warranties or representations about us or our affiliates or our services or policies except with our prior express authorisation;
29.2 you shall not say anything that is false, misleading, derogatory or offensive about us or our affiliates or our services or policies; and
29.3 you shall not suggest expressly or impliedly that we have endorsed your site.
30. You agree to be bound by the Privacy and Cookies Policy currently in force.
31. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted and the remaining Site Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
32. If you want to contact us for any reason, please contact us by email at email@example.com by telephone at +44 208 4553311 or by post at the address above.
English law and jurisdiction
33. These Site Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. You irrevocably agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter brought by you in relation to these Site Terms. We shall also have the right to bring a claim against you in the jurisdiction in which you are based and any other court of competent jurisdiction.
We are Before You Spend Limited, a limited liability company incorporated in England under company number 08498619 with our registered office at Brentmead House, Britannia Road, London N12 9RU England (and we refer to ourselves as "we", "us" or "our" in this document). We own and operate the "Site" (meaning the www.beforeyouspend.com website and any website that resolves to that website) on our own behalf.
About this Privacy and Cookies Policy
In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, references to "you" means any person submitting any data to us or to the Site about himself or herself or about any other living individual in respect of any use of the Site, or anyone accessing the Site.
When you use different aspects of the Site, we may ask you to supply us with various information about you or anyone whom you represent. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the way in which we may use such information.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Before You Spend Limited.
Questions, comments, requests or suggestions regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is very important to us. We shall therefore only use your name and other information which relates to you in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. We will only use your personal data in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Data that we collect
We may collect and process your personal data in relation to your use of the Site. We may obtain the following information about you including, your title, name, email address, telephone number and such other contact details as we require from time to time.
Why we collect your personal data
We use your data in order to manage the Site, detect fraud or abuses of the Site and in case we have any queries.
We also need your details for sending you information relating to the Site and the services we offer. This includes (without limitation) the following:
1. To respond to you over any queries you raise with us.
2. To collect details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
Your obligations as to your data
You must only submit to us, or the Site, information which is accurate and not misleading. By submitting data in respect of you and anyone else, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority.
Third Parties and Links
We may pass your details to our agents and subcontractors to help us with any of our uses of your data set out in our Privacy and Cookies Policy. For example, we may use third parties to analyse data and to provide us with marketing or customer service assistance.
We may exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it to an actual or potential purchaser.
We may also disclose your details as described elsewhere in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Other than as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we shall NOT sell or disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your prior consent unless this is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or unless we are required to do so by law (for example, by order of a court or governmental body or authority of competent jurisdiction).
IP addresses and cookies
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer.
The Site uses Session cookies. Session cookies are used by us to link your actions during a single browser session and allows the system to recognise you during your current browser session to save you time while you are on the Site. Session cookies expire when you close your browser.
If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org or to find out about removing them from your browser, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
Where we store your personal data
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information.
We store your personal details on a secure server. We use industry standard security and firewalls on our servers. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your computer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the Internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data to provide marketing information about our services or the Site.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of suppliers, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those privacy and cookies policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. Any amended Privacy and Cookies Policy will be posted on the Site. The amended Privacy and Cookies Policy will apply immediately for new users and 30 days (or such other timeframe as we say when posting) after first posting for all existing users. Each time you enter the Site, you agree that the Privacy and Cookies Policy current at that time shall apply to all information which we hold about you.
By submitting data to us and using the Site, you consent to our use of your data and of anyone you represent in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy (as amended from time to time, as described above) and you are responsible for ensuring that you have authority to consent on behalf of anyone about whom you submit data to us.
You also consent to us placing cookies on your hard drive. You can turn these off if you want, through the settings on your browser. See the "IP addresses and cookies" section above. Please note that we may place cookies on your hard drive by which you can be personally identified; by using the Site, you consent to this placement of cookies in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was most recently updated on 14 July 2014.